In light of the current situation surrounding COVID-19, the EEB Undergraduate Office will be closed to in-person traffic and offering all services virtually until further notice. To protect the health and safety of the UCLA Community, the EEB counselors and other staff will be working remotely. Please note that, while the physical office is closed, business will continue as usual–just in a remote format.
Counseling services are still available, but you must make a scheduled appointment via MyUCLA. All appointments will be in 20-minute increments. Appointments will be conducted either via telephone or Zoom.
To make an appointment, please CLICK HERE.
Undergraduate counselors will be available online during the following hours:
9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Utilize our Message Center for the following:
- Enrollment in EEB Upper division courses
- Graduation requirements
- Major/minor declaration
- DARS updates
- College Petitions
- Departmental Evaluations
- Course substitutions (major and minor, field quarter or alternates)
- Contract Courses (EEB 195, 196, 198A-D, 199)
- General Department Information
Schedule an appointment for the following:
- Academic standing in the major
- Departmental Evaluations
PASS/NO PASS GRADING OPTION FOR SPRING 2020, SUMMER 2020, FALL 2020, WINTER 2021, SPRING 2021, and SUMMER 2021 ONLY
- Students have the option to take EEB courses (e.g. EEB 100) for a letter grade or Pass/No Pass. This grading option, Student Option (SO), has been updated in the system.
- Student have the option to change their grading basis without a petition up until Friday, March 5th during Winter 2021.
- Students in our majors and minors are approved to complete requirements (lower and upper division) with a “Pass” grade.
- If you are considering changing the grading basis for your courses toward your degree requirements from the Letter Grade to Pass/No Pass option, it is important to take the following points into consideration:
- A grade of “Pass” has no effect on the GPA, but can fulfill requirements.
- A grade of “No Pass” (NP) is based on receiving a cumulative grade in a course equivalent to a C- or below, and it does not fulfill requirements.
We are here as your guides as you embark on your educational journey at UCLA. We encourage you to take advantage of all that our department and UCLA has to offer.
- Jessica Angus
- Melissa Carrillo
- Jessica Gonzalez
The undergraduate counselors answer questions about the following:
- Lower Division major requirements
- Upper Division major requirements
- Minor requirements (as applicable)
- Course substitutions for the Major or Minor
- Global GPA – encompasses Upper Division major requirements only
- Academic questions about applying to graduate or professional school
- Pre-requisites for different programs
- Other academic issues related to graduate or professional school
DROP-IN COUNSELING/OFFICE INFORMATION:
Scheduled Appointments ONLY Available Weeks 0-4, 8-Finals week if student needs to meet for the following reasons:
- Academic standing/dismissal/probation/subject to dismissal
- Department Evaluations
Please note the following:
- No appointments during weeks 5-7; due to enrollment traffic in the office
- Office hours are subject to change
- Weekly office hours are posted on the EEB Undergraduate Counseling listserv and on the door of the EEB Undergraduate Office.
MyUCLA MESSAGE CENTER
If you can’t visit us in 101 Hershey Hall, the MyUCLA Message Center is the next best way to communicate with us.
If you have a UCLA logon ID/you are a current UCLA student, please submit your inquiry HERE.
If you DO NOT have a UCLA logon ID, please submit your inquiry HERE.
EEB Undergraduate Listserv via CCLE
The EEB Undergraduate Office has moved its listserv to CCLE. All students will need to opt in by subscribing through the following link: https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/eeb-counseling
The EEB Undergraduate Office will be posting information (i.e. office hours for each week, course advertisements, internship opportunities, etc.) solely through CCLE effective Summer 2019 and forward, and will not be utilizing the previous email listserv.
If students would like to receive updates from the EEB Undergraduate Office, they will need to opt in via CCLE.
Check out our Facebook page – UCLA EEB Department – for updates news about the department.
UCLA Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
612 Charles E. Young Drive South
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7246