Why UCLA EEB
Departmental Affiliations & Resources
The great size of UCLA and the high caliber of its researchers are unique assets. Our graduate students regularly interact with other students, faculty, and researchers– both within EEB and with other departments including:
Most of our faculty are also affiliated with prestigious schools/institutes/centers across UCLA’s campus including:
- The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- The Institute of the Environment and Sustainability
- The Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences
- The Institute for Society and Genetics
- The Center for Tropical Research
- The La Kretz Center for California Conservation Science.
The Pacific Ocean and the Santa Monica Mountains are both a short drive away, providing tremendous opportunities for local field research and recreation. Los Angeles is ethnically diverse and culturally rich.