Additional Upper Division Units

All students must complete a minimum of 60 upper division units (courses numbered 100-199) for the bachelor’s degree. Approximately 44-48 of the required upper division units are fulfilled by upper division major requirements. Thus, students are responsible for choosing additional upper division courses to meet this unit requirement. These additional courses do not have to be in the sciences but are often fulfilled by enrolling in independent study and research courses (198s, 199s, etc.).