Resources and Links
- UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden
This garden maintains one of the most important living botanical collections in the United States,with plant specimens from all over the world.
- Stunt Ranch - Santa Monica Mountains Reserves
The Stunt Ranch Reserve offers an important resource for teaching, research, and public education in the midst of the heavily
urbanized Los Angeles area.
- Donald R. Dickey Collection of Birds and Mammals
The Donald R. Dickey Collection of Birds and Mammals consists of over 50,000 skins and skeletons of birds and mammals
from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and islands in the Pacific.
- CARE - Center for Academic and Research Excellence
CARE provides enrichment opportunities for those students who seek careers in scientific research and teaching.
- Hoffman2 computing cluster
The Hoffman2 Cluster provides more than 13,000 processors in three data centers.
- QCB Collaboratory
The Collaboratory, a central component of the Institute for Quantitative & Computational Biosciences
(QCB), provides the experimental and empirical research environment where bioscientists and
computational scientists work together to design systems and conduct experiments to improve our
understanding of biological systems.
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- The UCLA Center for Behavior, Evolution, and Culture (BEC)
The UCLA Center for Behavior, Evolution, and Culture (BEC) unites scholars exploring the connections
among evolution, culture, the mind, and society.
- Animal Behavior @ UCLA
A gateway to interdisciplinary behavior research at UCLA.
- Center for Society and Genetics
An interdisciplinary program integrating social sciences, humanities and the sciences.
- Center for Tropical Research, Institute of the Environment
The goal of the Center for Tropical Research is to understand the biotic processes that underlie and maintain the diversity of life worldwide, especially
of the tropics.
- Environmental Science & Engineering Program
provides practical education for tomorrow's environmental problem solvers.
- Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences
The Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences seeks to
realize the unprecedented opportunities produced by the availability of both awesome measurement
capabilities and electronic databases, while leading and safeguarding this transformation by
addressing the tremendous computational, algorithmic, educational, and cultural challenges implicit in
Big Data biosciences
- UCLA Institute of the Environment
The Institute of the Environment views the world as an ecosystem, holistically, solving air, water, and land problems with interdisplinary solutions.
- The Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
The aquarium offers school groups, families and visitors a unique view into the ocean world, and is home to dozens of species of animals
and plants of the Santa Monica Bay.
- Research @ UCLA
Pushing the boundaries of "the known," UCLA researchers - faculty and students, both graduate and undergraduate - venture every day into
uncharted worlds, from the molecular to the galactic.
- Natural Reserve System The University of California maintains a large natural reserve system.