Resources and Links
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Note, all of these offices are staffed with lawyers who are experienced in investigating bias/discrimination/harassment claims.
- Reporting Bias/Discrimination
Resources for reporting bias/discrimination are outlined at https://equity.ucla.edu/report-an-incident/. It is important to note that you can report issues that you have experienced personally, or things that others have experienced.
- Discrimination Prevention Office or DPO
https://equity.ucla.edu/about-us/our-teams/civil-rights-office/discrimination-prevention DPO handles a wide range of discrimination and bias issues from ethnicity to religion and veteran status, among others. However, DPO specifically handles cases where student, staff, or faculty have been discriminated by faculty. In cases where discrimination originates from staff, the Staff Diversity &AA/EEO Office handles the investigations.
- Staff Diversity &AA/EEO Office
- Sexual harassment and sexual violence
Issues involving sexual harassment and sexual violence are handled by the Title IX office. https://www.sexualharassment.ucla.edu
Information on how to make a report is here: https://www.sexualharassment.ucla.edu/making-a-report. As a reminder, all UC employees (faculty, staff, postdocs, GSR, TA’s, etc) have a mandatory reporting requirement regarding sexual harassment/violence.
Because the distinctions between these offices can be confusing, or problems experienced by an individual may span these offices, there is an email where you can reach out to: WeListen@equity.ucla.edu and they can provide guidance. The Life Sciences Division Equity Advisor, is also happy to provide guidance, if you have any questions, and can try to direct you to the appropriate resources. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden This garden maintains one of the most important living botanical collections in the United States,with plant specimens from all over the world.
- Stunt Ranch – Santa Monica Mountains Reserves The Stunt Ranch Reserve offers an important resource for teaching, research, and public education in the midst of the heavily urbanized Los Angeles area.
- Donald R. Dickey Collection of Birds and Mammals The Donald R. Dickey Collection of Birds and Mammals consists of over 50,000 skins and skeletons of birds and mammals from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and islands in the Pacific.
- CARE – Center for Academic and Research Excellence CARE provides enrichment opportunities for those students who seek careers in scientific research and teaching.
- Hoffman2 computing cluster The Hoffman2 Cluster provides more than 13,000 processors in three data centers.
- QCB Collaboratory The Collaboratory, a central component of the Institute for Quantitative & Computational Biosciences (QCB), provides the experimental and empirical research environment where bioscientists and computational scientists work together to design systems and conduct experiments to improve our understanding of biological systems.
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- The UCLA Center for Behavior, Evolution, and Culture (BEC) The UCLA Center for Behavior, Evolution, and Culture (BEC) unites scholars exploring the connections among evolution, culture, the mind, and society.
- Animal Behavior @ UCLA A gateway to interdisciplinary behavior research at UCLA.
- Center for Society and Genetics An interdisciplinary program integrating social sciences, humanities and the sciences.
- Center for Tropical Research, Institute of the Environment The goal of the Center for Tropical Research is to understand the biotic processes that underlie and maintain the diversity of life worldwide, especially of the tropics.
- Environmental Science & Engineering Program provides practical education for tomorrow’s environmental problem solvers.
- Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences The Institute for Quantitative and Computational Biosciences seeks to realize the unprecedented opportunities produced by the availability of both awesome measurement capabilities and electronic databases, while leading and safeguarding this transformation by addressing the tremendous computational, algorithmic, educational, and cultural challenges implicit in Big Data biosciences
- UCLA Institute of the Environment The Institute of the Environment views the world as an ecosystem, holistically, solving air, water, and land problems with interdisplinary solutions.
- The Santa Monica Pier Aquarium The aquarium offers school groups, families and visitors a unique view into the ocean world, and is home to dozens of species of animals and plants of the Santa Monica Bay.
- Research @ UCLA Pushing the boundaries of “the known,” UCLA researchers – faculty and students, both graduate and undergraduate – venture every day into uncharted worlds, from the molecular to the galactic.
- Natural Reserve System The University of California maintains a large natural reserve system.
- Injuries and Illness Travel information What to do if you or your students/employees get hurt while in the field.
- Leave of absence request for less than 7 days
- Sabbatical & Leave Forms [you must fill out both of these forms]
- Guidelines for international collaboration Important information faculty need to know about forming international colloraborations