* To promote and improve communication and cooperation among investigators, educators,
environmental managers, and human communities in the five mediterranean-climate regions
of the world.
* To promote an awareness of the global significance of mediterranean-climate ecosystems,
their biodiversity, and their conservation within the scientific community, resource managers,
and the general public.
* To promote research in all aspects of the ecology and conservation of mediterranean-
* To encourage the preservation of biodiversity in mediterranean-climate regions and to safeguard
it for posterity for its intrinsic worth and its aesthetic and tangible values to humanity.
* To promote education in the ecology and conservation of mediterranean-climate regions.
* To provide expert knowledge to government and non-government agencies and organizations
whose administrative decisions affect Mediterranean-climate habitats and their biota.
* To encourage the establishment, improvement, maintenance and accessibility of physical
facilities, databases, and collections of biological materials for the study of Mediterranean-
climate ecosystems and their conservation.
To achieve its objectives, ISOMED will develop activities of scientific research, cooperation, and consultancy in Mediterranean Ecology, namely:
* By organizing or cooperating in international General Assemblies, Symposia, Courses,
or other meetings for the sharing of scientific knowledge;
* By publishing and disseminating at international level the abstracts and other
publications as a result of the scientific activities of the society;
* By establishing and promoting cooperation and exchange of ecologists of the five regions;
* By developing projects of common interest and consultancy at the international and national level.